Students of Gunes Ercal
My Ph.D. student is John Matta.
My Masters students at SIUE have been
SIUE also has a wonderful undergraduate research program called URCA (Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities). My current and former URCA Assistants and URCA Associates are
- John Matta, graduated Summer 2014, with thesis, "Comparing the Effectiveness of Resilience Measures"
- Darla Ahlert, graduated Spring 2015, with thesis, "Application of Graph Theoretic Clustering on Some Biomedical Datasets"
- Dega Ravi Kumar Yadav, graduated Summer 2015, with project, "Progressive Multiple Sequence Alignment using Aligned Profiles"
- Vinod Yenduri, graduated Fall 2014, with project, "Sequence alignment and automation of BLAST searches using BLAST+"
Here you may learn about students I have advised prior to joining SIUE.
- Joseph Myers, URCA Assistant for Fall 2017
- Meghan Heisler, URCA Assistant for Spring 2017
- Eric Wolfe, URCA Assistant for Fall 2016
- Oren Pincock: URCA Assistant for Fall 2016
- Jeffrey Borwey, URCA Associate for 2014-2015 and URCA Assistant for Spring 2014
- William Stimson, URCA Assistant for Spring 2013
- Tanner Burge-Beckley, URCA Volunteer for Fall 2017
- Alex Long, URCA Volunteer for Fall 2017
- Deniz Akyar, URCA Volunteer for Spring 2017
- Steve Wilkerson, URCA Volunteer for Spring 2014
- Mathew Woods, URCA Volunteer for Spring 2014
- Luke Settles, URCA Volunteer for Spring 2013
- Dominic Eccher, URCA Volunteer for Spring 2013